Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vain: Producing No Result, Useless.

What is wrong with these statements?

HI, I'm Mike. I used to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes per day. I loved to smoke cigarettes. I hated people that would tell me to quit. Why would I quit, I love smoking. Then one day it's like the light went on in my head and that day I quit smoking. Now I hate cigarettes. I can't stand to see other people smoking because I know what it does to their health.
Even worse, I can't believe I smoked for all those years.

Sure, I still like to smoke cigarettes, just not as many.

~~~~~

Hi, I'm Sara. I used to be an alcoholic. I used to drink all day, all night. I wouldn't stop drinking until I passed out. One day I realized that alcohol had ruined my life. I lost my house, my job, and my family. But, got professional help and I'm a totally different person now. I am a new creature. I see now the evils of my alcohol addiction.

Don't get me wrong, I still like to drink alcohol, just not as much.

~~~~~

I'm Darren, I used to beat my wife. If she'd say something to me that was condescending, or out of line, I'd just punch her square in the nose. She knew better than to talk back to me. But one day, the light came on and I realized just how precious she really was as a person, as a wife, as the mother of my children, and as a human being.
She is the love of my life and I would never want to hurt her again.

I still beat her, just not as often.

~~~~~

I used to be a lost sinner. I loved my Sin. I would sin, sin, sin, sin and sin some more.
I was lost spiritually, and It ruined my life. It cost me so much, but I still loved it.
But one day, a friend took me to his church.
I asked Jesus into my heart and He saved me.
Now I see how wicked and vile my sin is.
How Righteous God is and how filthy my sins are to him. Behold, I'm a new creation.

Sure, I still like to sin, just not as much.



See the Hypocrisy? God does.

If you say you have a new relationship with the Lord,
You'd better have a new relationship with sin.

If you don't have a new relationship with sin,
You do Not have a new relationship with the Lord.



1 Corinthians 15:2

2By this gospel you are saved,
If you hold firmly to the word I preached to you.
Otherwise, you have believed in vain.





No comments:

Post a Comment