Monday, September 28, 2009

I Never Knew You

71% of Americans claim to be Christians. That means that over 215,000,000 people in the United States, are "christian".

So if so many Americans are "Christians", then we could assume the following.

Today 3,700 babies will be murdered in abortion clinics.
2627 will be killed by "christians"

Today there will be 36 DWI fatalities
25 of which will have been caused by "christians"

Today 45 people will be murdered
32 of them will die at the hands of "christians"

Today 243 rapes will be reported
173 of those will involve a "christian" aggressor.

Today 2,600 vehicles will be stolen
1,800 of those cars will be stolen by "christians"

6,088 burglaries will be reported today.
4,322 of those burglars will be "christian"

Today 2,284 violent physical assaults will take place.
over 1,600 of them will be perpetrated by a "christian"


Do you see a problem here?

"I Never Knew You!"
Matthew 7:23

3 comments:

  1. O my!!! They praise me with their lips but their hearts are far from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was raised thinking I was a Christian because we said "grace" before dinner and went to church on Christmas and Easter. We acknowledged that Jesus Christ was the Son of God in our home, but none of us truly knew Him. When I was 24, Jesus revealed Himself to me as more than the One we asked to bless our food at the dinner table, and it wasn't until I received His gift of salvation and invited Him to be Lord of my life that He "knew" me.

    In my correspondence ministry to prison inmates, most of them claim to be Christians. Some, as best as I can tell, have had a true born-again experience, others have not. Only God knows their hearts. Statistically, most of them will end up back in prison multiple times, and they may even be part of the statistics you cited -- Christians who commit crimes. They need our prayers and our help to truly live for Christ, especially in a culture that doesn't encourage practical support in turning your life around after serving a prison sentence. It's up to the Body of Christ to help change the statistics by sharing the gospel and ministering to "the least of these."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great ministry you have. I'll pray for your work. I know you are making an impact.

    We certainly need to pray for these men and women.

    May God reveal to them their true standing before His Throne. Let them not fall victim to a watered down teaching that could condemn them to eternal separation.

    May God give you the strength and courage to show them the truth about sin.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete