Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Denial

Matthew 10:33

33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.


I had this question pop into my mind this morning. How do we "Deny" Christ?

Sure we can deny Him with our lips. (not confessing him as Lord when asked by another)
We can deny him with our lifestyle. (living in sin)

The big one that I think goes unnoticed is a form of denial regarding "entrance".

Do we deny Him entrance or access into our lives, i.e., our workplace, our facebooks, our friendships, our Blogs, our lives, ETC...?

If we deny Him this access to our "Circle" of friends, co-workers, etc... WHY?

Here are some possible reasons why we keep him out of our little circles.
*We are afraid of persecution
*We are ashamed of Him
*We don't really believe
*We have never felt his Power
*We don't feel that others deserve to know Him
*We aren't really Christian
*We're afraid we'll be mocked and lose friends

If I were married (which I am :) ) and I never talked to anyone about my wife or never took her anywhere with me, what would you think of me?

What if my co-workers didn't know I was married, or my friends, or my Blog followers, or my facebook family? What then?

If we never talk about Christ, Isn't that kind of denial a bit like slipping a wedding band off your finger when you leave your home?

I believe that when Christ is talking about "Denial" here, he's not just referring to the kind of denial that comes from your lips, but rather from your heart.

What would Paul the apostles life look like today?

33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Will Jesus tell God the Father about you today?


1 comment:

  1. "Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also." 1 John 2:22-23 NIV

    ReplyDelete