Saturday, September 5, 2009

"You Got Me!"

It's always nice to meet a brother or sister in Christ.

He was wearing a baseball cap with studded stars on the bill.
He had long hair, pulled back into a pony tail.

He walked up as I rounded the counter and had a big smile on his face. (amazing how many times I notice that the happiest people are usually the ones who follow Christ! Amen)
As I greeted him with a "Good afternoon" he said "well hello" and presented his hand for a handshake. Pleasantly surprised I reciprocated the kind gesture only to have him pull his hand away in a whimsical way. I laughed and said "You got me" to the amusement of his wife, who rolled her eyes as if this weren't the first time he's pulled this move on an unsuspecting fellow. After a laugh he again extended his hand, sincerely this time, for a handshake.

As I took his hand he looked me right in the eye and said "You know Jesus loves you right?" Surprised and delighted I said "oh yeah, I know he loves me more than I deserve." and he responded "He's the only way to Heaven", smiled, and walked away.

I was glad to have the reminder. And even though I never got his name, I'm sure I'll see him again...ya know, someday. ;)


1 comment: