Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Now Showing


One night, I turned off my television and saw something Amazing.
In the reflection of the black screen
I saw My life.

So, the next day. Just to see what was on in my life,
I kept the television off.
And there was a great story on in my life about a beautiful woman, my wife, and her day!
I thought "Wow, I can't believe I've missed this for so long."
I became a loyal follower of her story. I can't wait for the next episode!

So the next night, I wanted to see what was on in my life,
So again I kept the television off.
And my wife and I drove out into the country where it's really dark.
We looked up and WOW! The REAL stars were shinning.
I thought "Wow, I can't believe I've missed this all these years."

So the next day, I was alone
I kept the television off.
I grabbed a bible, went outside and began to read.
Story after story of God's Love and interaction with man just Jumped off the pages!
I thought "Wow, I can't believe I've missed this all this time."
I've been a big fan of God ever since.
I'm not sure which episode it was, but in one of them...HE Saved me!

Every now and then, my wife and I will rent a movie
or a watch a home video, or documentary on DVD.
It's a nice little treat every once in a while.
But I found that my favorite show...
Is the one starring God, my wife, my family and friends, and Me.

~ NOW SHOWING ~



1 comment:

  1. What is wrong with us, that keeping the television off should be considered a radical notion? I couldn't agree with you more. There is too much life to be lived in Jesus that we should willingly turn ourselves over to the mind-numbing effects of television on a regular basis. It's up to each of us, in our own homes, to exercise self-control and say "No!" more often, and see what "Amazing" things God will show us!

    ReplyDelete