Friday, August 28, 2009

What has Changed? Everything!

"Your best witness is your testimony." I've heard that phrase many times, but I didn't realize how true it really is until this morning when God placed a desire on my heart to share.


So what has changed in my life over the past 9 months since I was Saved and Regenerated?

~~~~~~~~

* I smoked a pack and a half of cigarettes every day for 18 years.
~~One night, God took away my addiction and I haven't wanted one in 9 months~~

* I used to drink beer all the time, often to the point of over intoxication.
~~God took away that desire.~~

*I used to curse and cuss and blaspheme Daily!
~~God replace my foul language with peace and compliments towards others.~~

*I used to lust in my mind after women.
~~Now I love all men and women and see women as Sisters in Christ.~~

*I used to watch TV and play video games for hours and hours daily!
~~Now I spend all my time loving my beautiful wife.~~

*I used to love to fist fight and held grudges against people in my past.
~~God gave me the Grace to forgive them, and now I'm free.~~

*I used to be full of Pride and Bitterness towards people.
~~God has given me new eyes, and I see everyone as Gods Beautiful Creation~~

*I used to give people the "Finger" in traffic
~~Now I let them in, or wave them over.~~

*I used to share filthy jokes with the guys at work.
~~Now I share God's love and Christ on the Cross with them.

*I used to hate Church, Christians, and God.
~~Now a team of wild horses couldn't keep me from worshipping!~~

*I used to love my sins.
~~Now I am truly ashamed of them~~

*I used to use my quick whit to tear people down.
~~Now I use it to build people up.~~

*I used to feel deep burdens for my past sins, even after alter calls.
~~God forgave me at Conversion, and I no longer feel the guilt and pain of those sins.~~

~~~~~~

As I was making this list, I had an epiphany that prior to my conversion, I would have never (on my own) sought after any of this new and better behavior. With out God's abounding grace, I'd still be up to my nose in sin, lust, cigarette smoke, booze, foul language, hatred, pride, greed, and all of the rest of the nastiness that used to be me. (The same guy that so many people would say was a "good person".)

Thanks be to God and may He get ALL OF THE GLORY for my Regeneration.

I'm writing this post, not to boast or brag about anything, for I had nothing to do with any of it. I'm writing because before this Love was poured out on me, I would have denied that this was even possible. And if you deny it, you are wrong. It happened to me! God is so Real! Christ IS Alive! He still changes people and he can give you life everlasting!


2 Corinthians 5:16-18 (NKJV)

16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18Now all things are of God...




2 comments:

  1. How Great and Awesome is our Lord Jesus, the Giver of new life! Praise His Holy Name!

    ReplyDelete