Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Pride Test



The PRIDE Test.



Do you strive to impress others with your body appearance, athletic ability, professional ability, your humor, wealth, your possessions, what kind of car you drive ?
Do you let what others may think about you hold you back from doing things?
Do you have trouble admitting when you are wrong?
Do you consider yourself to always be right?
Do you get angry when someone doesn't agree with you?
Do you look down on others because of their race, gender, creed, education, position, personal hygiene or appearance?
Do you find yourself habitually interrupting people in conversations to give your comments?
Do you enjoy being the center of attention at parties?
Do you enjoy talking about yourself in front of others?
Do you find it hard to be impressed with what other people have done?
Do you feel that you have an answer for everything?
Do you frequently respond to other people's stories with "I know," or "that's nothing"?
Do you strive to impress others with your wealth, your possessions, how you drive, body appearance, athletic ability, professional ability, or humor?
Do you find yourself criticizing others?
Do arrogant people really annoy you?
Do you like to always be first or at least near the front of the line?
Is it important to you to always win?
Do you take pride in being a humble person?
Do you consider yourself to be better than other people?


Romans 12:16 (New International Version)

16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.






3 comments:

  1. Pride is an ugly thing, and it's the biggest battle I fight on a daily basis. It's exactly where the devil aims his fiery darts, but by the power of the blood of Jesus Christ both my pride and the devil are defeated...forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Jennifer,

    I battle this ugly beast everyday as well. Every time pride shows it's face, I just pray for strength and the Lord is faithful to supply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my knees is the only place to win this daily battle, and my heart's cry to Jesus echos the chorus of a song by Chris Sligh called "Empty Me." It goes like this:

    Empty me of the selfishness inside
    Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
    And any foolish thing my heart holds onto
    Lord, empty me of me so I can be filled with You

    He Is Glorious!

    ReplyDelete